Level 1 – Beginner Off-Piste
- Overall skiing experience should be a minimum of 5 weeks.
- Off-piste experience 0 – 3 weeks.
You are a good on-piste skier who can handle black runs without problems. You are able to link turns and stop safely on steep slopes. You feel mentally and physically ready to go off-piste. You will need a “go for it!” attitude and be physically fit.
Level 2 – Intermediate Off-Piste
- Overall skiing experience should be a minimum of 10 weeks.
- Off-piste experience minimum 3 weeks with a mountain guide.
You are confident and comfortable skiing off-piste in moderate terrain. You are prepared to venture into more challenging terrain and snow conditions to further develop your off-piste skills.
Level 3 – Competent Off-Piste
- Overall skiing experience minimum 15 weeks.
- Off-piste experience more than 6 weeks.
You confidently ski off-piste in all conditions including steep terrain, such as narrow couloirs or steep pitches. You have a thorough understanding of snow safety and rescue procedures and have practiced with your equipment.